Litchfield Community Schools has identified staff members that may be eligible and may qualify for the Teacher and Support Staff COVID-19 grant. Please note that a staff member may be eligible; however, they may not qualify unless all requirements as determined by the MI Department of Treasury are met. All staff members that have been identified, have received an email with detailed information on how to apply and submit all documentation to the district. Any staff member who did not receive this detailed email and believe they may qualify may appeal by contacting Human Resources.
Key Terms & Requirements
- Classroom Teacher
- A K-12 full-time or part-time teacher with an assigned class who provided continuity of learning to students during the 2019-2020 period of school closure that resulted from COVID-19. For the purposes of this section, the classroom teacher does not include substitute teachers, para-professionals, support staff, or administrators.
- Eligibility Requirements: Must meet all of the following criteria:
- Must have performed at least 75% of my standard instructional workload in a brick and mortar classroom at a district or nonprofit nonpublic school.
- After issuance of Executive Order 2020-35 on April 2, 2020, developed tools and methods to deliver distance learning, take-home packets, or other methods described in the district or nonprofit nonpublic school’s continuity of learning plan.
- Must have worked additional time spent outside of normal working hours, experienced hazardous conditions, or incurred additional costs related to ensuring students could effectively participate in the school’s continuity of learning plan.
- School Support Staff
- A K-12 full-time or part-time paraprofessional, aide, or non-instructional staff, according to the registry of educational personnel, who provided services to students during the 2019-2020 period of school closure that resulted from COVID-19. School support staff does not include substitute teachers or classroom teachers.
- Eligibility Requirements: They must meet both of the following criteria:
- (i) Prior to the issuance of Executive Order No. 2020- 35, the school support staff performed at least 75% of their workload in a brick and mortar school building at a district.
- (ii) The school support staff certifies to the district, in a manner prescribed by the department, that he or she worked additional time spent outside of normal working hours, experienced hazardous conditions, or incurred additional costs related to providing student services during the COVID19 pandemic.